[Openswan dev] 2.1.0rc1 and nat-t patch

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Mar 12 01:52:35 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, Michael Richardson wrote:

>     gary> After briefly browse through the Makefile, I add the 'make
>     gary> nattpatch ...' under applypatch and now the nat-t patch goes
>     gary> in.
>
>     gary> Have I overlooked something in the documentation or is this
>     gary> the right way to do it ?
>
>   It is the right way.
>   If we included it in the basic kernel patch, then it would fail on any
> system/distro that had included the udp.c patch.
>
>   The documentation needs work.

Perhaps Âmake module' could end with a warning about this? eg

"For NAT-T support, rebuilding the kernel is neccessary after
 patching it for nat-t support using 'make nattpatch'"

Though we should make this conditional over detecting nat-t in the
current kernel build, which we should know since we just compiled
a module against it.