[Openswan Users] tcpdump no outgoing traffic over VPN

alexk alexk at coolsigns.mobi
Wed Jan 4 08:40:10 EST 2017

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your reply. In my case (given the kernel) I understand
that the suggested solution would be:

 1. To send the data from one interface to another interface on the same
    host.
 2. To setup forwarding of data from that second interface to your
    destination
 3. configure the ip address of the second interface in the security
    policy to create the tunnel on the second interface.

a) How exactly can I do the above using IP tables?

b) If I configure the IP address of the second interface to create the
tunnel would I have to let the other party of the VPN end of the new IP?
If yes then this is not a feasible option for my case.

Regards,

Alex