[Openswan Users] tcpdump no outgoing traffic over VPN

Madden, Joe Joe.Madden at mottmac.com
Wed Jan 4 08:31:46 EST 2017

Hi Alexk,

Its normal not to see any outgoing packets for IPsec.

The packets an encapsulated before they reach the interface as a result you can only see ESP/NAT-T packets exiting the interface.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21931614/how-to-see-outgoing-esp-packets-in-tcpdump-before-they-get-encrypted

Joe