[Openswan Users] IPSec Tunnels - Reg

Samir Hussain shussain at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 29 09:57:31 EDT 2016

Rescued from the Spam bucket.  Please remember to subscribe to the
mailing list before posting to it.

Subject: 	IPSec Tunnels - Reg
Date: 	Mon, 29 Aug 2016 13:46:08 +0000
From: 	Yokesh J <yokesh.j at ericsson.com>
To: 	users at lists.openswan.org <users at lists.openswan.org>

Hi ,

I have some clarifications on creating tunnels between VM’s. After
establishing IPsec between two VM’s , the status is as follows

Machine A:

/IPsec running  - pluto pid: 2293/

/pluto pid 2293/

/2 tunnels up/

/some eroutes exist/

/ /

Machine B:

/IPsec running  - pluto pid: 2282/

/pluto pid 2282/

/2 tunnels up/

/some eroutes exist/

/ /

*/ /*

When I add a new connection between machine A and machine C the status is

Machine A:

/IPsec running  - pluto pid: 2293/

/pluto pid 2293/

/4 tunnels up/

/some eroutes exist/

/ /

Machine B:

/IPsec running  - pluto pid: 2282/

/pluto pid 2282/

/2 tunnels up/

/some eroutes exist/

/ /

Machine C:

/IPsec running  - pluto pid: 2275/

/pluto pid 2275/

/2 tunnels up/

/some eroutes exist/

/ /

I need to know the significance of the command “ipsec setup status” and
also how the tunnels are getting created.

Also  I observe some inconsistencies in the tunnels number as sometimes
I get “3 tunnels up” instead of 4 in machine A.

Regards,

Yokesh.

/ /