[Openswan Users] Public subnets behind edge firewall

Patrick Naubert patrickn at xelerance.com
Thu May 22 18:58:45 EDT 2014

Rescued from the Spam bucket.  Please remember to subscribe to the mailing list before posting to it.

From: "Marin P." <marin at post.ht.hr>
Subject: Public subnets behind edge firewall
Date: May 22, 2014 at 6:41:34 PM EDT
To: <users at lists.openswan.org>

Hi,

I established sucessfully VPN from AWS to Netscreen. The thing is netscreen has some public subnet behind it that is published to me over phase2 of IPsec. The problem is if i do traceroute from openswan to that public subnet traffic does not go trough the tunnel, it goes over public network.

Amazon as you know has private IP, so my left was internal IP, leftID was public IP and leftsubnet was public IP/32. What should i else do to make it work?

Thanks!