[Openswan Users] really basic peer-to-peer setup

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sat May 4 17:35:22 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Simon Deziel <simon at xelerance.com> wrote:
> While I have no first hand experience with RHEL builds those are fairly
> recent (2.6.32 IIRC) and the maintainer (Paul Wouter) does an excellent
> job ;)

Oh I'm not calling anyone out by any means, I'm just saying RHEL5
maybe a recent RHEL release but it is a fairly old Linux release (
released just over 6 years ago).  I've had no end of issues with my
RHEL5 boxes and old software.   Just in general.

> So for the sake of simplicity, I'd go straight to the RHEL box that is
> the gateway of the subnet in question.

What I might actually do is change the gateway over to the Ubuntu box
since really there is nothing I can think of that really matters as
far as that goes.  One needs to be the primary gateway and one the
backup, that's all.