[Openswan Users] Tunnel established but can't ssh or ping

TheCajun thecajun at nmia.com
Fri Feb 22 16:17:05 EST 2013

> Durwin,
>
> OK, one more biggie I forgot to ask, since you changed your router: did you make sure that IPSEC passthru has been disabled on the new router? On some models it's not possible to disable it and you will be SOL. You may also have to do port forwarding of IP Proto 50 and UDP ports 4500 and 500 to the OpenSwan box depending on which end initiates the connection.
I could not find any way to disable pass through.  I did add forward
rules for those ports, but I guess it wouldn't work anyway unless pass
through is disabled.

So this Actiontec C1000A is designed for everyday users.  So why do they
even boast it has ipsec pass through if they do not do it right?

Any one have suggestions on a replacement for Actiontec C1000A?  Or even
perhaps a real VPN router? (with reasonable price)

Thank you,

Durwin

--
reality.sys corrupted. universe halted. reboot (y/n)?

TheCajun <thecajun at nmia.com>