[Openswan Users] CentOS5 + Draytek 2820 pings only one way

Paul Overton paul at trusted-management.com
Fri Feb 15 11:07:42 EST 2013

Ah, looks like it.

I have assumed that you are using NetKey on the Centos machine.

The issue as far as my knowledge of IPsec goes suggests that the sessions starting from your local server are possibly attempting to use the external rather than the internal IP address.

I know the sourceip works with KLIPS, but even then you can NAT the session to ensure the correct IP is passing down the tunnel.

You could do some tcpdumps to verify what is happening...

Regards Paul