[Openswan Users] Connecting to other machines in subnet

Durwin thecajun at nmia.com
Mon Feb 11 16:40:47 EST 2013

> Drop your iptables rules, leave your tunnels up, try access,  use tcpdump and make your firewall rules from there

If you mean for me to get the ip addresses from tcpdump, I already know
them.  For example. Site A machine has local ip a.a.a.a and ssh's to
Site B (which is running VPN) like ssh user at b.b.b.b  I want it to go to
c.c.c.c   What has me concerned is, if I forward port 22 to c.c.c.c,
does the machine know how to return traffic with just that one iptables
line?  Or do I need to add another line to tell c.c.c.c how to send
traffic back to a.a.a.a?

Thank you,

Durwin

Durwin F. De La Rue <thecajun at nmia.com>
--
reality.sys corrupted. universe halted. reboot (y/n)?