[Openswan Users] Asynchronous network error w/ Android 2.3 and NAT on both sides

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 16:07:10 EST 2012

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Corrado Primier wrote:

> as the subject says, I'm trying to make work a VPN NATted on both
> sides with Android clients.
> I hope somebedy can help me because I'm really going mad, I tried
> hundreds of configurations and literally *finished* the google search
> results on the matter, so I don't really know where to look anymore
> :-)

Since you edited the logs, it is impossible for us to look at it. But I
do recommend you try these patches:

http://git.openswan.org/cgi-bin/cgit/openswan/commit/?id=ff85d1de33b68259fdc5cafc3a0b97ad790ab1fa
http://git.openswan.org/cgi-bin/cgit/openswan/commit/?id=b44418272c1fbd686cb4e7ca860494664270a04b

(there is a link on those pages to download actual patch files)

> Whenever I try to open a connection from the Android device on a
> NATted network I get loads of asynchronous network errors (details and

Note that might be a firewall or bat NAT router blocking port 4500 or
you blocking high random ports to your vpn server port 4500.