[Openswan Users] Centos Resolv.conf and Openswan

Mitsuo Yazawa mitsuoyazawa at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:28:42 EDT 2012

Hi Openswan,

I successfully install an Openswan IPSec solution.

Lets assume I have 2 interfaces.

Eth0 (public IP), Tap0 (virtual IP for IPSec)

All of my software, scripts, etc. are working correctly inside the IPSec
tunnel.

When I resolv DNS 8.8.8.8 it works perfectly (it goes to Eth0 Interface)

But if I do resolv 10.1.1.11(DNS server, in the right-subnet of the IPSec
tunnel). It tries to DNS from Eth0, and not tap0.

I know for Debian distros there's a way to configure for this to work,
configuring /etc/resolvconf/interface-order.

Unfortunately I really need to use CentOS.

I really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Mitsuo