[Openswan Users] Version 2.6.38 process allocation

dgoffe at cox.net dgoffe at cox.net
Thu Apr 19 16:14:42 EDT 2012

I have upgraded my terminal from 2.6.24 to 2.6.38 and in testing this release disabled the
broadband part of the network so that a VPN could not be established. In our terminal we
have multiple applications that register GRE-NHRP and also monitor Openswan among others.
Once the VPN became disabled these other application never ran again. It seems that Pluto
takes over control of the CPU and never sleeps or gives up any processing power. I don't think
I saw this behavior in 2.6.24. Is it possible to change this behavior with a IPSEC command to say
run in the background or sleep after so many attempts? I use both IPSEC and WHACK  system commands
to control multiple tunnels over different interfaces. I have included a log that shows how it functions when
it is allowed to connect and the last part is when the network cloud is broken.

Comments Thanks