[Openswan Users] EC2 and Openswan

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Thu Nov 24 01:17:05 EST 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:03:32 -0800
Mir Islam <mislam at mirislam.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul, thanks for that guide. I have leftsourceip  in my config
> (and also in original email). Only difference is it is not elastic
> IP, but rather the public ip that Amazon assigns to each instances. I
> did not add that ip as a virtual interface to eth0 though since I
> have a newer OpenSwan (openswan-2.6.32-1.9.amzn1.x86_64) installed.
> Thanks. Mir.
>

> conn sonicwall
>     leftsubnet=172.25.1.0/24

Here is your problem: leftsubnet does not match leftsourceip. Only
50.19.X.X ip is static so it should be your leftsubnet with /32 netmask.

You are also missing leftid=50.19.X.X

>     left=%defaultroute
>     forceencaps=yes
>     leftsourceip=50.19.X.X
>     right=99.22.X.X
>     rightsubnet=172.29.0.0/16
>     keyingtries=0

      keyingtries=%forever

>     pfs=no
>     aggrmode=no
>     auto=add
>     auth=esp
>     ike=aes-256-sha1
>     esp=aes-256-sha1

These are completely wrong, both ike= and esp=, you have extra "-" char
(and you use legacy config option)

      ike=aes256-sha1
      phase2alg=aes256-sha1

I'm quite sure you should set dhgroup for ike...

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services