[Openswan Users] (no subject)

Frédéric Lamorce FLamorce at CalAmp.com
Tue May 3 14:18:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a product using Linux 2.6.27.9 and OpenSwan 2.6.23, I can create tunnel just fine, I can see with tcpdump that I have ESP packet, etc.

However, sometimes, if the tunnel is not properly "deleted" from the server from one reason or another, some socket connections from the client to the server kind of "freeze", even a simple 1 packet ping freeze and never come back.

In our application I set the socket as non blocking to try to prevent it, but it changes nothing, when this happen, the call to send() block, until the tunnel is re-establish.

When the tunnel is re-established, the ping comes back with some stats like:

round-trip min/avg/max = 420815.549/420815.549/420815.549 ms

Is it a bug in the kernel? IPSec? Others?

Thanks in advance!

Frédéric.