[Openswan Users] Need help configuring OpenVPN client

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:24:34 EDT 2011

Eric,

I believe you mistyped and meant OpenSwan/ipsec rather than openvpn.

The last I knew somebody on this list mentioned a NetworkManager
plugin was in development.

Here's snippet from Jacco's page on clients:
http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/linux-l2tp.html
7.4 Client GUIs

 A number of VPN graphical front-ends for Linux clients is available, including:
Coondog is a graphical front-end for racoon. It purposely resembles
IPSecuritas, a well-known VPN tool for Mac OS X.
Mandriva's DrakVPN is another such graphical front-end.
KVpnc is a graphical front-end for various VPN clients such as Cisco,
Openswan and PPTPclient.
NetworkManager, a graphical front-end for vpnc (among other things).
 Shrew Soft VPN Client for Unix, a graphical front-end for ipsec-tools (IPsec).
Stinghorn has released a graphical front-end for Linux clients running
ipsec-tools (racoon) and l2tpd. It is based on Python-GTK. There is
also an L2TP/IPsec client for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet by
Stinghorn.
 Only Stinghorn and KVpnc support the L2TP/IPsec protocol.

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //