[Openswan Users] openswan uses wrong external IP

Elvar elvar at elvar.org
Wed Jun 22 10:43:35 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have multiple external IP aliases being used on eth0 and for some
reason when I restart my ubuntu firewall box openswan often defaults to
eth0:1 instead of just eth0. Below shows an example of what I am
referring to..

service ipsec restart
ipsec_setup: Stopping Openswan IPsec...
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec U2.6.23/K2.6.32-29-server...
ipsec_setup: multiple ip addresses, using  192.168.0.226 on eth0

.226 is eth0:1 whereas .225 is eth0. How do I force Openswan to bind to
a specific IP address on eth0? When it defaults to eth0:1 my ipsec
tunnels do not work.

Kind regards,
Elvar