[Openswan Users] Ports used by Openswan and enable internet browing from clients

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 01:15:14 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Mateen Fugawala <
mateen.fugawala at hotmail.com> wrote:

> How do I get my clients to the internet when connected to the VPN? I
> believe
> that is disabled by default?

Below rules will do the job.

*DSTVPNNETWORK/16* is the network you access through VPN tunnel . This rule
should be in placed first.

      iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -d DSTVPNNETWORK/16 -j ACCEPT

Then,

     iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -s YOURLAN/24 -j SNAT
--to-source extipofvpngateway

Pls replace *YOURLAN/24* and *extipofvpngateway*  with yours. Pls also note
*eth1* is connected to the internet. Pls replace with yours and be happy. If
u r happy, I will rejoice it.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya