[Openswan Users] lt2p ipsec vpn does not connect. Cannot find whats wrong.

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jan 6 22:06:43 EST 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, JP CR wrote:

> Even if I get this  to work is it true that since the situation would be a double NAT then in the case of two or more windows users utilizing the same
> NAT on their end will not be able to get packets through to the server that is also natted?

Yes. If there is a clash and the client uses the range of your server, then you have
a problem. You should really try and give your server a public ip. If you do want
to keep it NATed against all good judgement, pick a really obscure (and small!) range
to reduce the chance of such a conflict with the client.