[Openswan Users] Is OpenSwan 2.6.33 supporting kernel 2.4?

Yannick Koehler yannick at koehler.name
Tue Feb 22 13:45:28 EST 2011

Hi,

  I'd like to apologize in advance for my "newbie" type of question.  My
goal is to upgrade a package that today uses FreeS/WAN 1.9.x on the
kernel2.4 to both kernel 2.4 and 2.6 as well as to IPv6.

  Since KLIPS and NETKEY do not offer the same level of functionality
(ipsecX interfaces for iptables, agressive mode, initial packet buffering,
etc), I would prefer to stay with KLIPS in order to remains as close as
comptabile as with FreeS/WAN.

  Also the 2.6.33 release seems to have added the support of IPv6 to KLIPS
which would have been the only reason for me to switch to NETKEY.

  I tried to compiled openswan 2.6.33 with kernel 2.4.37.9 and got an error
related to missing linux/pfkeyv2.h this seems to indicate a lack of kernel
2.4 support.  I would like to know if someone had worked out a kernel 2.4.x
patch for openswan since the 2.6.33 release?

--
Yannick Koehler
Courriel: yannick at koehler.name