[Openswan Users] About receive/send functions of Openswan

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Nov 26 15:11:50 EST 2010

On Thu, 25 Nov 2010, Le Ngoc Son wrote:

> In order to install/ integrate Openswan on my firewall successfully, I need to modify the Openswan source code. The purpose of my works is finding the
> receive/send function on IKE implementation then modify it for capturing all packets at layer 3 before routing process (using libiq). I discovered source
> code of Openswan but I can not find functions relating to it.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

You can capture IKE packets before to are received/send using the TAP_ROOM facility, but that is really
meany for injecting things for test scenarios, and not production use.

Why do you need to capture? Do you just want to log certain things? Or modify behaviour?