[Openswan Users] Fw: automatic X509 certificate xchange

farajian amin amin_o_city at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 07:36:45 EST 2010

Dear Paul and Antony
Thanks for your help. I finally run the scenario with the following configs:

On Gateway:
conn road-x509
        type=tunnel
        authby=rsasig
        leftrsasigkey=%cert
        rightrsasigkey=%cert
        left=192.168.1.210
        leftid="C=X, ST=X, O=X, OU=X, CN=X , E=X"                                                                             right=%any  #any vpn client who wants to connect ,so we dont need to specify rightid= #
        leftcert=VPN2Cert.pem
        #rightca=%same      "it is not required when u have only one CA cert as i checked"
        auto=add

And for the road-warrior

conn road-x509
        type=tunnel
        authby=rsasig
        leftrsasigkey=%cert
        rightrsasigkey=%cert
        left=192.168.1.210
        leftid="C=X, ST=X, O=X, OU=X, CN=X, E=X"
        right=%defaultroute
        rightsendcert=always
        rightcert=VPN1Cert.pem
        #leftca=%same "it is not required when u have only one CA cert as i checked"
        auto=add
#**END**#

Thanks again.

Amin Farajian