[Openswan Users] android client shows public IP when sniffing ipsec0 interface (server routing issue)

Majid Khonji majid at khonji.org
Wed Jun 30 19:22:10 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I am trying to use android 1.6 road-warriors behind nat.
using protostack=klips, the android client sends packets to eth0
successfully (with source ip = Public ip), However, xl2tpd sends responses
back through the physical interface (based on the routing table).
On the other hand, when I try a linux client (behind nat as well), the
client shows a private IP inside ipsec0, and works with xl2tp.

A dirty solution could be though iptables, but I am feeling lazy reading man
page. If you have some, please give me.

My network is:

VPN server (public dhcp address) <---> internet <---> nat GW <---> Android
roadwarrior )

--
Regards,

Majid Khonji