[Openswan Users] Upgrade to xl2tpd 1.2.6 breaks our setup

Gennady Kovalev gik at bigur.ru
Tue Jun 29 04:52:27 EDT 2010

В Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:52:15 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> I don't think an upgrade from 1.2.5 to 1.2.6 caused that. The
> changeset is mostly for openbsd systems, and one patch to avoid
> calling syslog from within an interrupt handler.
>
> Did pppd upgrade/change too?

I don't remember about upgrade pppd, but for me i upgrade a lot of
pakages. And kernel too from 2.6.26 to 2.6.32-openvz. At this time i
have broken a ipsec with tunnel mode (transport mode work ok). I will
collect some matherials and will post it at another thread. May be it
is openvz kernel issue.

But...

In logs I se than xl2tpd launch pppd with parameter 10.1.25.1:0.0.0.0
for ip assigment (see logs from prev post). And incorrect ip address
assigment to client was _before_ launching pppd. This problem not in
the pppd. Am i right?

I did not see code of xl2tpd, but i feel may be ip range parameter
"ignored" or xl2tpd can't detect something before start pppd or
something else.

strace xl2tpd -D

sad for me nothing.

Thanks,

Gennady Kovalev.

P.S. Sorry for Paul., i send my first copy of this email personally,
not in list.