[Openswan Users] Old user having troubles with new techniques

Larry Brown larry.brown at dimensionnetworks.com
Mon Jun 28 16:42:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 14:12 -0600, Willie Gillespie wrote:

> Just two more thoughts from me... was the tunnel up and running when you
> ran this ip route command?

yes

> I was looking at the manual for ipsec.conf, specifically the "auto"
> section and I wonder if you need to run: ipsec auto --route road

ran to no avail.

> Could start by playing with that.  If that doesn't seem to work, I've
> seen Paul Wouters mention to others to use leftnexthop which may help.

I added leftnexthop to both configuration files for the gateway server's
next hop.  However, since this test setup is on a private network where
both are on the same subnet the leftnexthop for the gateway was
10.45.212.101 (the external interface of the road warrior's gateway)
rather than the default route for the office server.