[Openswan Users] Old user having troubles with new techniques

Willie Gillespie wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com
Mon Jun 28 16:12:14 EDT 2010

Larry Brown wrote:
> ip route:
>
> 10.45.212.0/24	dev eth0	proto kernel	scope link	src 10.45.212.71
> 172.16.0.0/24	dev eth1	proto kernel	scope link	src 172.16.0.1
> default via 10.45.212.1		dev eth0

Just two more thoughts from me... was the tunnel up and running when you
ran this ip route command?

I was looking at the manual for ipsec.conf, specifically the "auto"
section and I wonder if you need to run: ipsec auto --route road

All my connections are auto=start since I'm not doing road-warrior
connections... so I'm not exactly familiar with all that happens there
with the auto setting.

Could start by playing with that.  If that doesn't seem to work, I've
seen Paul Wouters mention to others to use leftnexthop which may help.

Willie