[Openswan Users] Which Klips version works for which linux kernel??

Majid Khonji majid at khonji.org
Mon Jun 21 13:43:39 EDT 2010

Dear all,

I have been working hard to deploy a L2tp/Ipsec roadwarrior system in which
clients are mobile devices behind nat. Openswan 2.6.26 works well with
netkey except the issue of multiple clients behind the same. I read couple
of mailing lists and seems that Netkey doesn't support such a feature.
Therefore I decided to move to Klips kernel stack. I tried different kernels
such 2.6.34 , 2.6.33 , 2.6.23 ..etc. The only kernel which patches properly
is 2.6.23 (but again I have problem with the linux distribution - gentoo ,
ubuntu 9.10).

I want to compile klips for kernel 3.6.3x (2.6.34 for now) and don't
know whether I need to patch the kernel or not and which openswan version to
use (I used 2.4.15 , 2.6.26 which compiles but klips can't insert the
ipsec.ko module).

Please give me a simple working instruction for both openswan(V.2.xx.xx) and
kernel 2.6.3x
Remember my goal is to enable multiple clients behind the same nat.

--
Regards,

Majid Khonji