[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.26 and IPv6 issues

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jul 12 11:49:37 EDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> Yeah...  IPv6 addresses are subject to a number of conditions under
> which they can change dynamically including auto-conf renumbering,
> privacy enhanced EUI addresses, and dynamic cycling where processes on
> the machine add and delete addresses.  Closest thing IPv4 has to that
> would be if a dhcp server decided to change a lease after an old one
> expired while the machine is running.

Currently, none of that is supported by openswan. On the server side,
one would expect the addresses don't change. But if they change on the
client end, we'd need to do something.

Is there a Linux kernel API for this? Is there a notification of these
events somewhere? Or do we need our own event queued up to check on this?