[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN server / VPNC client

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jan 25 13:09:36 EST 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Bobirnila Teodor wrote:

> The options that I have to set are:
> 1. Gateway: (IPSec gateway address - server IP);
> 2. GroupName: (IPSec ID for gateway);
> 3. Group password: (IPsec secret for group);
> 4. Username: (remote access personal username);
> 5. Password: (remote access password);

Missing info:
IKE algos:
ESP algos:
PFS setting:
Main Mode or Aggressive Mode:
Mode Config options?:

> IPSec gateway 128.224.168.199

right=128.224.168.199

rightid=@test.vpn.com

> IPSec secret test

Add 0.0.0.0 128.224.168.199 : PSK "test" to the ipsec.secrets file

> Xauth username tester

leftxauthclient=yes
rightxauthserver=yes
leftxauthuser=tester

> Xauth password tester

Add tester : XAUTH "tester" to the ipsec.secrets file.

Paul