[Openswan Users] addconn defaultroutenexthop no longer likes %direct

Andreas Unterkircher unki at netshadow.at
Tue Jan 19 13:37:16 EST 2010

Hello,

I encounter a problem with OpenSWAN 2.6.23 (klips, on Debian Lenny).
pppd is used for PPPoEing to an ISP and generates a default route via
device ppp0.

When I try to ipsec auto --add rtr-vpn the below configuration,
/usr/lib/ipsec/auto invokes addconn with the following syntax:

ipsec addconn  --defaultroute 78.137.x.x --defaultroutenexthop %direct
rtr-vpn

What will fail with the message:

invalid default route: illegal (non-DNS-name) character in name

If I remove the "--defaultroutenexthop %direct" and invoke the command
manually, it works.

I also tried to use interfaces="ipsec0=ppp0", left=78.137.x.x and/or
specifying a leftnexthop address - but it makes no difference.

Someone else also seen this?

Cheers,
Andreas

rtr-vpncust01:/etc/ipsec.d/conf.d# ip ro sh dev ppp0
193.0.x.x  proto kernel  scope link  src 78.137.x.x
default  scope link

config setup
    nat_traversal=no
    OE=off