[Openswan Users] About openswan nat detection

Zhiping Liu flyingzpl at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:03:10 EST 2010

Thanks Paul.

Firewall in front of linux box HAVE ipsec ablitity,but not enabled,i'm sure
about that.

you saied "Your firewall is doing ipsec",but firewall can not recive a
package that is actually for other machine,right?

You metioned udp port 4500,i don't see any packages coming from 4500 on both
linux boxes.500 and 4500 all forward using DNAT.

boxA--->firewallA------------firewallB<----boxB

ping from boxA to boxB,tcpdump on firewallA shows an error of "protcol 50
unreachable",i don't know what's this mean,i think firewall don't kave to
check ESP packages...

i still think about the command output of "NAT-Traversal: Only 0 NAT-D -
Aborting NAT-Traversal negotiation.". does it mean the linux box will not
use nat-traversal to send package, and that may the course of protocol 50
unreachable on firewallA?

--
from Romeo