[Openswan Users] Possible to move ipsec config to another host?

Neal Murphy neal.p.murphy at alum.wpi.edu
Sun Dec 19 12:31:25 EST 2010

On Sunday 19 December 2010 04:43:14 Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> I then restarted BOTH, the WORKMACHINE came up well but the
> (NEW) HOME machine is complaining with:
>
> Dec 19 20:26:09 yorkstreet ipsec__plutorun: 022 "yorkstreet-2-barrett": We
> cannot identify ourselves with either end of this connection.
>
> I did sme research into this and most people having the
> same problem received the "make sure the IP addresses match".
>
> All I did is basically
>
>   sed -e 's/OLD/NEW/g'
>
> on both ipsec.conf files, so the IPADDRESS should be OK....

Should be's bite us in the backside every time.
  1. Did you verify that the configuration changes are correct?
  2. Did you verify that the IP addresses in use are correct?

Your HOME machine is complaining that it cannot find its own IP address in the
config file, in neither the left nor the right specifications.