[Openswan Users] Possible to move ipsec config to another host?

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Sun Dec 19 04:43:14 EST 2010

Hi.

I moved to a different ISP and got a new computer for
my HOME gateway.

I installed openswan on that new host and then copied the entire
configuration of the old host to the new host (/etc/ipsec*).

I then changed the IPADDRESS to reflect the NEW ipaddress on
the (NEW) HOME gateway AND on my WORK gateway (both openswan
are the SAME VERSION number), and BOTH are CentOS 5.4.

I then restarted BOTH, the WORKMACHINE came up well but the
(NEW) HOME machine is complaining with:

Dec 19 20:26:09 yorkstreet ipsec__plutorun: 022 "yorkstreet-2-barrett": We cannot identify ourselves with either end of this connection.

I did sme research into this and most people having the
same problem received the "make sure the IP addresses match".

All I did is basically

  sed -e 's/OLD/NEW/g'

on both ipsec.conf files, so the IPADDRESS should be OK....

I am sure there is something I missed ... otherwise it would be running ;-)
But what is it?

thanks
Jobst

--
I'm on a high cholesterol, high sugar, caffeine and liquor fad diet.