[Openswan Users] VPN accelerator

simon charles charlessimon at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:10:47 EST 2010

Paul ,
     Going through the OCF code and through their website for supported hardware - this is what i found

Hifn

	Hifn 7951

	Hifn 7956
Safenet

	SafeXcel 1741

	SafeXcel 1142
Intel

	IXP465

	IXP425

	IXP422
Freescale SEC

	The Talitos driver uses Freescale's SEC for hardware acceleration.
PA Semi

	PA Semi PWRficient DMA Crypto Engine.
Intel EP80579

	Driver for the Intel QuickAssist enabled EP80579 Integrated Processor
	Product Line

   I am currently using the Hifn chipset with KLIPS+OCF on a x86 platform . The Safenet products have been discontinued. Intel is presented as a SOC and not in a pci / mini pci form factor. I have done some leg work but have not found any other Vendor for VPN accelerator in pci / mini pci form factor to work with OPENSWAN. What are my options at this point. You also mentioned using the VPN accelerator with Netkey - could you please direct me to any documentation available out there to integrate VPN accelerators with OPENSWAN using Netkey.
          Thanks.

- Simon Charles -