[Openswan Users] OpenSwan + xl2tpd not working

Pete Mitchell Ghostryder at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 02:52:59 EDT 2010

Hi Willie!

Thanks for the comment!

I've added the firewall rule although there isn't any firewall operating at the server currently... I'm completely stuck. xl2tpd is listening on address 192.168.0.22/1701 but doesn't get any requests at all :-(.

Are there any other tests that I could do to find the fault?

Regards,
g.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 15:05:54 -0600 (MDT)
> Von: "Willie Gillespie" <wgillespie+openswan at es2eng.com>
> An: ghostryder at gmx.de
> CC: users at openswan.org
> Betreff: Re: [Openswan Users] OpenSwan + xl2tpd not working

> I guess I should clarify:
> Openswan seems to be working fine in your case.
> In xltpd.conf, listen-addr should still be 192.168.0.22.
> So for some reason the traffic is not making it there.  Do you have a
> firewall rule that allows access to xl2tpd?
> Perhaps something like:
> -A INPUT -m policy --pol ipsec --dir in -p udp --dport 1701 -j ACCEPT
> (only accept traffic to xl2tpd if it's come in through an IPsec tunnel
> first)

GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 ¿/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl