[Openswan Users] Non IANA ip ranges

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Fri Aug 6 11:37:57 EDT 2010

----Original Message----
From: users-bounces at openswan.org [mailto:users-bounces at openswan.org] On
Behalf Of Per Qvindesland Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 7:23 AM
To: users at openswan.org
Subject: [Openswan Users] Non IANA ip ranges

> Hi List
>
> Does anyone here know if ipsec will deny any clients that get's assigned
> a IP address of ie 172.2.2.x the user can log in but it is not possible
> to ping any machines on the network? but if the user gets a 192,168.100.1
> or if I try with 10.0.0.X range the user can ping and surf the network,
> is this something that is known to be a problem with later versions of
> IPsec?

Oh and I forgot to mention that IANA allocated several previously private
ranges in, I believe, April 2008. I have  a few Comcast business class sites
that had issues with being blocked by bogo filters because they had some of
the ips that were removed from private to allocated and the network
operators did not keep up their bogo filters (Ford Motor Company dealer
sites being one large one I remember). I think Verizon got some as well.

The current list is at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.txt

Rick

believed to be clean.