[Openswan Users] could not add conn "host-to-host" with openswan

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Sun Apr 18 14:11:11 EDT 2010

As Randy suggests, it could be the spaces in your config file, but it
looks to me like you have some dependencies to resolve here as well.  I
have pretty limited experience and understanding with openswan, but my
understanding is that all the current versions of openswan require
iproute package in order to set up all the routing and such that is
required.  This error message indicates to me that your networking stack
is not complete enough to run openswan.  Even if it does not mean that
you are missing some packages, I would suggest that you should start by
solving this error before troubleshooting why the conn doesn't come
up...

> ipsec_setup: ...Openswan IPsec stopped
> ipsec_setup: WARNING: cannot flush state/policy database -- `%defaultroute'.
>   Install a newer version of iproute/iproute2 or install the
> ipsec-tools package to obtain the setkey command.

Bob Miller
334-7117/633-3760
http://computerisms.ca
bob at computerisms.ca