[Openswan Users] 2.6.24rc1 (klips) UDP 500 Port not released after unloading ipsec module

Sven Schiwek ml-openswan at svenux.de
Sat Oct 31 22:30:10 EDT 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Sven Schiwek wrote:
> I'm currently testing 2.6.24rc1 (klips) on Linux Kernel 2.6.30.9.
> After some days and some Openswan restarts "netstat" shows some open
> UDP 500 Ports (more then 10). To resolve this issue I stopped
> Openswan and unloaded the ipsec module but the port is still in use.
>
> Every time I start Openswan a new UDP 500 port is opened -
> interestingly, the VPN works. Attached you'll find some shell
> output. The first time I unloaded the ipsec module the Kernel
> crashes but unfortunately after the restart I can't reproduce this
> crash (crash attached). I will try to recrash the kernel and analyze
> the situation...

Hi,

after approximate 11 hours I stopped the VPN again and unloaded the
ipsec module and the kernel crashes again. Well, what have I done in
this time...? I had two open VPN connections (over a real and a
virtual IP) and 3 gigabyte traffic in this timeslot.
I believe that the multiple port allocation is the main problem. Does
anyone else have this problems?

Cheers,
Sven