[Openswan Users] Question on the Docs

Nick Howitt n1ck.h0w1tt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:39:28 EDT 2009

Cleaned Openswan off the system (rpm -e, search and delete anything
"openswan"). Installed from an unmodified .tar.gz using make programs
then make install, so the help files go into
/usr/local/share/doc/openswan this time instead of
/usr/share/doc/openswan and still no ipsec.conf.5.html. :(

Using ClarkConnect CE5.0

On 11/10/2009 22:14, Nick Howitt wrote:
> [Posting a second time, but replying to all]
>
> On 10/10/2009 23:59, Paul Wouters wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, Nick Howitt wrote:
>>

>>> I've tried a fresh install of 2.6.23 and in /usr/share/doc/openswan
>>> all I get is:
>>>
>> [html files]
>>
>> We should probably phase those out and just have the man files and put
>> the
>> html files on the web.
>>

> That would be good. I have found an updated copy
> http://www.linuxcertif.com/man/5/ipsec.conf/. Many of the other copies
> out in the wild are out of date.
>
>>> If I download 2.6.26, un-tar it and make programs,  in
>>>
>> 2.6.23 I guess?
>>

> Yes, typo!
>
>>> openswan-2.6.23\OBJ.linux.i386\programs\_confread I can see
>>> ipsec.conf.5. If I then make install,  in