[Openswan Users] DHCP/Any Traffic over an established VPN tunnel

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 8 15:16:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Carlos Lopez wrote:

> I've been reading and googling but I did not found out any
> answer on how to configure remote clients with an already
> established VPN tunnel and pass their traffic over the VPN
> and also passthrough DHCP request, my set up would be like
> this:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. Perhaps you mean L2TP,
which will give your laptop an IP address from a pool on the
server side? Using Openswan and Xl2tpd you can do that. I am
not sure about your talk of a "tunnel in a tunnel", but in
principe you should be able to make as many "babushka's" as
you want.

Paul