[Openswan Users] Pluto segfault on openswan-2.6.23

Giovani Moda giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Mon Oct 5 09:08:01 EDT 2009

> Check /etc/profile for ulimit commands or run a ulimit to enable core
dumps?

In fact it was preventing core dumps, but even after I changed
/etc/profiles to ulimit -c unlimited, I can't get a core dump for this
crash.

> It depends no the linux distro. Also SElinux might prevent dropping
core
> in certain places (hence my suggestion of /var/run/pluto/)

SElinux is the first thing I disabled after the install. As I mentioned,
I'm using fc9, so I've searched RedHat forums and found instructions on
enabling core dumps. In fact, now I do get a core dump if I kill pluto
process with kill -6, so I guess core dumps are allowed. But I can't get
a core dump of the crash. Is there any other way? Can I attach gdb
directly in pluto process?

Thanks again,

Giovani

signature database 4480 (20091005) __________