[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.6.X and KLIPS

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jun 19 10:14:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Agent Smith wrote:

> Is it supported? I don't see any klips patches for recent openswan version. I still run 2.4.14 but would like to upgrade to something recent.
>
> and I remember that was a 'talk' about NAT-T patch not being required in future versions of openswan, I wonder whats the stat. on that.

It is. We have not released it as seperate patches recently. The 2.6
kernel is a moving target and creating these patches that work "as many
kernel sources as possible" is a manual process that is quite an art to
do. By far the easiest is always to run 'make module module_install'
and build klips as a module, instead of patching it into the kernel
source. Especially now you need no more nat-t patch for kernewls >=
2.6.23.

We're close to releasing openswan 2.6.22, but are looking into some
KLIPS issues still, specifically a fix that seems to be causing
other issues (bug https://bugs.xelerance.com/issues/1023)