[Openswan Users] Linksys device as gateway

richard witt imageek72 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:00:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM, Jason Brooks<jason at petting-zoo.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a linksys rvs4000 in our server room.  in theory, it can do
> vpns, but I don't understand well enough what I should be looking
> for.  I would like to use IPSEC to setup at least three vpns to remote
> sites, and have the ability to have a roving user or two use a vpn
> connection.
>
> Apparently this device can do ipsec, or even ipsec passthrough.  I am
> somewhat confused by linksys's terminology though.
>
> Can I use this linksys device as an openswan end point, or does it
> need to be a linux gateway running openswan?

It does not need to be a "linux" device, but it does have to be a
device that you can compile and run openswan on. I would imagine a
quick google search for something like "openswan supported operating
sytems" or something close would tell you whether or not you could
compile and run openswan on that linksys device