[Openswan Users] Linksys device as gateway

Jason Brooks jason at petting-zoo.org
Fri Jun 12 18:35:33 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a linksys rvs4000 in our server room.  in theory, it can do
vpns, but I don't understand well enough what I should be looking
for.  I would like to use IPSEC to setup at least three vpns to remote
sites, and have the ability to have a roving user or two use a vpn
connection.

Apparently this device can do ipsec, or even ipsec passthrough.  I am
somewhat confused by linksys's terminology though.

Can I use this linksys device as an openswan end point, or does it
need to be a linux gateway running openswan?

Thanks for your input..

--jason