[Openswan Users] Good old "cannot identify ourselves" and %defaultroute issue...

fbc flexbumpchest at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:24:54 EDT 2009

CentOS 5.3 x64, Linux Openswan U2.6.14/K2.6.18-128.1.10.el5 (netkey)
I searched google and couldn't really come up with an answer.  It works
great when I put my IP from eth0 as "left=" in the config, but when I put
left=%defaultroute like I'm supposed to be able to do, it throws the error:

[root at testing ipsec.d]# ipsec whack --initiate --name testtun1
022 "testtun1": We cannot identify ourselves with either end of this
connection.

ipsec.conf just has the default stuff, and my tunnel of
/etc/ipsec.d/testtun1.conf was fully working when I used my real IP
address.  I want to be able to use %defaultroute for a dynamic IP.

Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks
-f