[Openswan Users] IPSec net-to-net with multiple subnets

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Thu Jul 23 10:22:09 EDT 2009

It's very simple. Simply copy the conn definition and change the conn name and rightsubnet values.

Or if you want to get fancy... (This is how I do it)

conn main
	left=...
	right=...
	leftsubnet=...
	# all other connection details except rightsubnet and auto

conn subnet1
	also=main
	rightsubnet=...
	auto=...

conn subnet2
	also=main
	rightsubnet=...
	auto=...

Note: The reason 192.168.0.0/19 doesn't work is that it's not setup as a subnet on the vigor.
Each IPSec subnet must be defined and identical on both sides of the connection to work.
This is an IPSec requirement regardless of what vendor/equipment you use.

Peter McGill
IT Systems Analyst
Gra Ham Energy Limited