[Openswan Users] seg.fault in pluto / CentOS5.x RPMs

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Jul 7 16:01:22 EDT 2009

I have a VPN server on CentOS5.3 running the CentOS supplied
openswan-2.6.14-1.el5_3.3.  But when trying to setup a new connection
I'm getting a Seg. Fault in pluto.  Doing some research I've found a
couple other reports of something similar followed by the advice to
update to openswan 2.6.21 (or later).  But I can't find an
openswan-2.6.21/22  *anywhere*.

The FC11 src.rpm won't build on CentOS5 and attempting to 'rpmbuild -ta'
the tar.gz fails at the check-files step with an exit code of 100 and
*no* error message.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @