[Openswan Users] vpn connection

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Tue Jan 20 12:36:04 EST 2009

Alfonso,

You shouldn't be using spi=, remove those lines.
They are for manual keying, which should not be used.
The output of ipsec auto --status should have a line including:
"IPsec SA established" for each connection. This indicates
a successful tunnel connection.

You also need to allow the tunnel traffic through your firewall.
Ie) to/from 10.105.0.0/16, 10.105.224.0/22, etc...

You need to exclude ipsec from any nat rules, so if your not doing
any natting your fine, but if you are you need to exclude the ipsec.

Your virtual_private line is wrong it should exclude any local subnets.
But it doesn't appear that your using it anyway.

Peter McGill
IT Systems Analyst
Gra Ham Energy Limited