[Openswan Users] point-to-point connection

Bach Johannes MB Connect Line GmbH bach at mbconnectline.de
Wed Jan 14 08:35:52 EST 2009

Hello list,

I have a problem with creating a connection as shown as follows:

host1.1 -------------------
-------------------------- host1.2

                              |---- UBUNTU-VPN-SERVER -----|

host2.1 -------------------
-------------------------- host2.2

I want to configure an UBUNTU-VPN-Server (with only one network-hardware
---> i use virtual interfaces/lans) so that host1.1 can log in via vpn
and host 1.2 can log in via vpn.
Both hosts should meat each other in the Servers virtual LAN1. Host2.1
and host 2.2 should meat each other in the virtual LAN2. The 1.x hosts
should not be able to ping the 2.x hosts.

I wanted to solve that probleme with interface-forwarding. when host1.1
logs in he gets ipsec0 when host1.2 logs in he gets ipsec1 BUT there is
only one interface for both connections.and neither host1.1 nor host1.2
are getting an ip from the vpn-server. there are only the entries in the
routing-table. But what if the subnet of host1.1 and host 1.2 have the
same netadress? there will be adressconflicts in the routing-table....
Thats because I wanted to solve that problem via interface-forwarding
BUT as already mentioned ipsec with openswan does not build extra
interfaces for each connection.

Has anybody who understood what i want (sorry for my bad english.. :) an
idea how reach the assembly above?

thanx for ya help,

with best regards from germany bavaria (OKTOBERFEST),

joe

Technikum:

MB connect line

Fernwartungssysteme GmbH

Winnettener Str. 5

D-91550 Dinkelsbühl

Tel.: 0049 9851 582529 84

Fax: 0049 9851 582529 99

Stammhaus:

MB connect line

Fernwartungssysteme GmbH

Raiffeisenstrasse 4

D-74360 Ilsfeld

Fon: 0049 7062 9178788

Fax: 0049 7062 9178792

Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-74360 Ilsfeld

Ust. Id. Nummer: DE185259018

Registergericht: Stuttgart Germany HRB106261

Geschäftsführer: Werner Belle, Siegfried Müller