[Openswan Users] point-to-point vpn-ipsec-connection

Johannes Bach bach.johannes at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:48:17 EST 2009

Hello list,

I have a problem with creating a connection as shown as follows:

host1.1
-------------------
-------------------------- host1.2

                              |---- UBUNTU-VPN-SERVER  ---------------|
                              |     virual-LAN1, virtual-LAN2

host2.1 -------------------
-------------------------- host2.2

I want to configure an UBUNTU-VPN-Server (with only one network-hardware
---> i use virtual interfaces/lans) so that host1.1 can log in via vpn and
host 1.2 can log in via vpn.
Both hosts should meat each other in the Servers virtual LAN1. Host2.1 and
host 2.2 should meat each other in the virtual LAN2. The 1.x hosts should
not be able to ping the 2.x hosts.

I wanted to solve that probleme with interface-forwarding. when host1.1 logs
in he gets ipsec0 when host1.2 logs in he gets ipsec1 BUT there is only one
interface for both connections.and neither host1.1 nor host1.2 are getting
an ip from the vpn-server. there are only the entries in the routing-table.
But what if the subnet of host1.1 and host 1.2 have the same netadress?
there will be adressconflicts in the routing-table.... Thats because I
wanted to solve that problem via interface-forwarding BUT as already
mentioned ipsec with openswan does not build extra interfaces for each
connection.

Has anybody who understood what i want (sorry for my bad english.. :) an
idea how reach the assembly above?

thanx for ya help,

with best regards from germany bavaria (OKTOBERFEST),

joe