[Openswan Users] How to combine two VPN tunnels

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Apr 16 11:02:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Curu Wong wrote:

> Also,I found a strange result:
> If I use left=FQDN and right=%any, it will not work.saying that:
> 022 connection must specify host IP address for our side
> 037 attempt to load incomplete connection

Yes. we need to find out if we are left or right. The only way we know
is if we can match a left= or a right= to an active IP address. A FQDN
should work, provided we can resolve it (eg put it in /etc/hosts if you
have no DNS ready before the tunnel is up)

> If I use left=%defaultroute,right=%any

The same problem here. How can we ever tell if we are left or right?